Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Recreating Poison Ivy - Halloween 2014

Hallo Fashionistas!!!

If you all didn't know by now, I love to dress up, create and recreate things. For a very long time I always wanted to portray the DC Comics supervillainess, Poison Ivy!

She's a very sultry character with outstanding characteristics of fire red hair, red eyebrows, ivy all over her body and green skin. Granted her ability to control plants as an Eco terrorist and use it to her advantage against attackers or other villains...that particular part of her didn't appeal to me; it was more of how can I Nail this look than portray her characteristics.

So I started off my using my old Island People mas carnival costume (bra and underwear which already has leaf-like designs on it), buying rolls of ivy from JoAnn's fabric, boots from the $9.99 store that was on clearance for $5 and a headband to attach the ivy to.



Then next was making sure I had apple red nails, which I used by Wet n Wild, my toes were already pedicured with Gwen Stefani's new Holiday 2014 OPI collection in purple and to achieve the green skin....I used glitter gel and green shimmery eyeshadow. Surely I wasn't airbrushing or painting my skin green...I have sensitive skin.



The part that took the most time was...THE MAKEUP! OMG I researched over 10 makeup vloggers for months to achieve the look I wanted. I didnt want to look evil but yet capture that poison ivy look. So eventually it was a mixture of my own ideas and some of that of the vloggers. 

It took a lot of practice to get RED EYEBROWS and I painted my false eyelashes red, then the eyelook was a gradient effect I chose from vlogger Lil Pumpkinpie05 and lots of contouring. Finished it with Red blush and red lips...woooo..that was A TASK!!!



GREEN SKIN...RIGHT??? LMBOOOO


The red hair I tried with it but...that's the best I could get it since I didnt want to bleach and dye my own hair...so I used temp gels. But overall I think I did a great job!


FULL LOOK AT COSTUME PARTY, MASK

THIS IS FASHIONISTA NEWZ!
  Hyper Smash

2 comments: