Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

FASHIONISTA NEWZ pick of Top Affordable Powders

I can't believe how fast the months are flying. Before you know it, its Thanksgiving and then Christmas!!!! In Florida the weather has changed to give you a sense that fall is here and winter is coming. I have the windows open to receive the fab cool air of the morning.

As I enjoy the breeze and so excited about the upcoming season (maybe becuz my bday is around the corner too lol), I decided to let u guys know what my pick of top affordable Face Powders are. Now again, my disclaimer is- my picks, mayn't be urs and it's through some trial and error am I able to come up with these decisions.

CLINIQUE ($20.00)

I absolutely love this brand and love their stay-matte sheer pressed powder. I use this to set my liquid foundation and it truly helps in keeping the oil away. This lasts a very long time becuz u only need a couple dabs of it.

MAC ($24.00)
I will always love MAC becuz they're MAC! But their Studio Fix Powder gives full coverage and can be worn by itself without setting it. This also lasts a pretty long time. However, Acne Prone gals, try not to wear this everyday becuz the particles are so fine to merge with your skin to create a flawless look, it may be that easy to remove and cause break-outs.

BLACK OPAL ($7.00 - $12.00)

These two powders, the Oil Absorbing and the Creme to Powder are just as great as the Department store brands. 

LANCOME ($38.00)

Heard great reviews on this and this is a well-known brand just as MAC. It gives you a smooth finish while mattifying ur face..hence DUAL FINISH. It's in my affordable list becuz compared to Chanel etc, this is a great buy.

NYC ($3.00)
This is an awesome setting powder. I use this translucent version on my clients and it gives such a smooth finish with no ashiness or white residue. If ur on a tight tight budget, then this will be your best friend!

Powders I've tried and were a NO-NO!
L'oreal True match powder- OMG wth is that? Or maybe it's my dark skin becuz this is a mess..there's no true match at all!

Neutrogena- why did I even bother with this...ashy!!!

Maybelline- I believe it's my skin colour becuz this did a poor job.

Milani- just ashy unfortunately

Powders I'll like to try
Iman
Nars
Makeup Forever
Inglot
Ben Nye

Be smooth and creative!!! This is FASHIONISTA NEWZ!





Hyper Smash

No comments:

Post a Comment