Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Dressing like Wednesday? Fall 2013

First of all..wait...hold up....we're in October??? Nahhhh can't be right? Oh..we are? Dang! Where are the months going to?

Second, I haven't been in my fullest since I came down with the bronchitis ..again! I know I Know, I've got to boost up my immune system in a much better way..which includes exercising and I've been off the wagon with that!

Third...what's this Wednesday thing about? No it's nothing to do with hump day or the actual day of the week. Lol. So after feeling better for a while, I glanced through Cosmo and I saw this trend that celebrities are wearing well which is:
 'dressing in dark colours with white/ a lighter(colour) collars. Not like a priest but like a shirt collar like how Wednesday wore her outfits in the movie "The Addams Family." Very interesting I presume.

I don't think it's gothic even that may have been the idea in the movie but let's look at it from this side; usually for Fall dark colours come into play anyways so this "Wednesday" idea fits in just fine.

The collar can be that heart-shaped or 'Peter-Pan' collared design and I guess you don't have to do dark colours but other hues.

TIP- If buying a whole outfit to carry this off is a bit much for your wallet...why not CLOSET shop. I'm sure you can put together a black cardigan or sweater with a black skirt or pants or jeans and a white collared shirt. The peeking collar is the most important of the outfit.
Or you can stitch shirt collars unto a nice top..if you're that handy with a sewing machine
Or you can use a necklace chain like the ones below

I think this is something I'll be getting because it's fairly cute and it really looks sleek and seamless.






P.S.- This is Christina Ricci as Wednesday Addams..you get the picture of the trend right?

 For more purchasing ideas, check out the sites below and as always, HAVE FUN and BE CREATIVE. THIS IS FASHIONISTA NEWZ!

www.alloy.com
www.asos.com
www.charlotterusse.com
www.forever21.com
www.gojane.com
www.kohls.com
www.lulus.com
www.macys.com
www.makemechic.com
www.wetseal.com



Hyper Smash

2 comments:

  1. Cute...I like the black dresses and that one blue dress look....Clean, simple!! Convent Chic

    ReplyDelete