Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

How to wear Coloured lipstick- FYI Spring 2015

Welcome to MAY 2015 Fashionistas!

I've been a bit busy with other projects but I always make time to inform especially when I see certain looks that irk me.

Recently there has been the trend of coloured lipstick. Awesome! It's great to get away from the red, pink or natural lipsticks. But for the love of God....please research HOW TO WEAR COLOURED LIPSTICK. Don't assume it looks great with anything!

I've been scrolling though my  FB newsfeed and unfortunately it irks me to see how coloured lipstick is mismatched.

In order for your blue, green, orange, yellow, purple, silver, gold etc coloured lipstick to stand out it, you either wear complimentary colours or the same colour family. How can that be achieved? By use of a colour wheel. 

Purple lipstick worn with a black and white outfit and black makeup..DOESNT COMPLIMENT.

Purple lipstick worn with purple, pink, orange, yellow..BIG DIFFERENCE.



Purple lipstick worn with gold and black makeup..YES..why? Because true gold has a yellow base.

Ever noticed I wear a lot of coral and cobalt? Because on the colour wheel orange is the opposite of blue.


So you may not be a licensed or certified makeup artist or Image Consultant (like myself) but you can always do some research to ensure you got the look correct. Colour Analysis doesn't only apply for the styling of clothing but also in makeup and YouTube may not always be the best resource for such.

This is just a tid bit of knowledge and maybe I should write more on topics like these. Definitely for future. In the meantime, HAVE FUN and BE CREATIVE. THIS IS FASHIONISTA NEWZ!

  Hyper Smash

No comments:

Post a Comment