Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

MAKEUP CARE- Jan 2015

Helloooo out there!

I've been sick with severe sinusitis for a couple weeks and now I'm better to blog a subject I've been meaning to touch on...how you care for your makeup.

Just like hair care and skin care there is such a thing as makeup care. Here are a few but very important suggestions.

1. DO NOT SHARE MAKEUP
This is so key! Makeup is a very personal thing like deodorant, soap or underwear. Your makeup has your body chemistry or dna already on it so you would develop a rash or any allergic reaction. However, someone else using your makeup, who has their own germs and bacteria, once that mixes with the ingredients in the product and your own, it may cause a reaction. It doesn't matter what it is, lipstick, lipgloss, mascara, eyeshadow....if anyone asks to borrow any of these politely say, I'm sorry but I don't share my makeup or if you do give it to them, let them keep it. A lot of times ladies get eye infections, rashes and cold sores and not sure how they got it and it can be as simple as sharing makeup.


2. WASH YOUR MAKEUP BRUSHES/ SPONGES
Once again, this is general health for you and your makeup. If you use brushes or sponges or beauty blenders, please wash them either immediately or every 2-3 days with anti-bacterial liquid soap. Leaving your brushes for weeks not washed causes a build up of germs. Remember it's not just product left on the brushes but dead skin cells and dust. If you have sensitive, acne prone skin like me..that's an instant recipe for a breakout...I already know.
I always get asked if I wash my brushes after each client I do makeup on. Ofcourse. If it's 1 client, I wash immediately. If I have multiple clients, I have 4 sets of brushes cases  and if that's not enough I spray immediately with alcohol and reuse. It is very important to have clean tools when applying makeup.


3. THROW OUT YOUR MAKEUP
If you look at your cosmetic, there is usually a number that say 12M or 24M, which simply means it's ineffective after 12 or 24 months. If you run out of the product before the expiry time..great. If not, depending on the product it can last longer than 2 years such as eyeshadows. MAC shadows are pricey so I know it hurts to throw it out after a year. But they last a while I think 5 years is just to long to keep a product. When it gets clammy, oil separates from the product or has a smell...DUMP IT!



4. PROTECT YOUR MAKEUP
Just like you protect certain foods with a fridge, your makeup needs to be protected also to keep away dust and germs. Please keep all eyeshadow palettes closed when done, don't leave your mascara open, your primers, foundations lipsticks uncovered. It's even neater when you can place your collection of makeup in a case or organizer.




Even though you love makeup, still take care of your cosmetics and tools to assist in great skin and flawless application. As usual,, have fun and be creative. THIS IS FASHIONISTA NEWZ!
  Hyper Smash

No comments:

Post a Comment